Things to do in the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
The Mornington Peninsula in Victoria, Australia, offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy. Some popular options include:
- Visiting wineries and tasting local wines – the Mornington Peninsula is home to many renowned wineries and vineyards.
- Going to the beach – the peninsula is known for its beautiful beaches, such as Sorrento Beach and Portsea Beach.
- Hiking and exploring national parks – the Mornington Peninsula National Park and Arthur’s Seat State Park offer scenic hiking trails and stunning views.
- Relaxing at hot springs – Peninsula Hot Springs is a popular destination for visitors looking to soak in natural hot springs.
- Visiting the historic towns – towns such as Flinders and Red Hill offer a glimpse into the area’s history and culture.
- Playing golf – Mornington Peninsula is home to a number of world-class golf courses.
- Taking a scenic drive – the peninsula offers a variety of scenic drives, such as the scenic drive from Flinders to Red Hill which offers stunning views of the coast.
Celebrate with friends on a wine tasting tour
Wine tasting tours are a popular way to celebrate with friends on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria, Australia. Some popular options include:
- Booking a private tour with a local wine tour company. These tours often include transportation, tastings at multiple wineries, and a knowledgeable guide to educate you about the wines and the region.
- Renting a party bus or limousine to take you and your friends to different wineries. This allows you to have a more relaxed and festive atmosphere while traveling between wineries.
- Organizing a self-guided tour. This option allows you to plan your own itinerary and visit the wineries that interest you most.
- Visit the wineries that offer the best views and ambiance, like the ones on the top of hills, with the view of the ocean.
- Some wineries also offer food pairing options with their wines, such as cheese platters or chocolate and wine tastings.
- Many wineries also have picnic areas where you can enjoy a meal with a bottle of wine while taking in the beautiful surroundings.
Overall, a wine tasting tour on the Mornington Peninsula can be a great way to celebrate with friends while trying delicious local wines in a beautiful and scenic setting.
For the best deal in private wine tasting tours in the Yarra Valley, you can learn more here. To keep winery tour prices down, we can choose a one-course meal or sharing menu and go to vineyards that cost less for tasting but overall, you would still have a great time with friends and family.